Kan Kantathavorn is a popular actor / TV program host in Thailand. He is a watch collector, but is especially in love with the OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch for its great history and the stories about it. He owns a lot of Moonwatch limited editions especially because of the story about the watch and its link with space. According to Kan, the most iconic watch is the Speedmaster.
1. Do you remember your first watch?
Yes I do. My father bought a small watch for me to go to school. I cannot remember the brand but I still remember it was a digital watch.
2. The 3 most iconic watch models?
OMEGA Speedmaster, PATEK PHILIPPE Nautilus, ROLEX GMT Master.
3. A noteworthy anecdote with one of your watches?
The first reason I am in love with the Speedmaster Moonwatch is when I saw a watch collector wearing the limited edition Apollo 11 35th Anniversary. I knew from that time that I really wanted it on my wrist.
4. Are you more modern or vintage?
Vintage of course. I love old school stuff.
5. I love Speedmasters because …
I love Speedmasters because of its design and many stories of the series. The reason I collect these watches is … I do not buy watches but I buy the memory of how I got each watch.
6. Your favorite Speedmaster?
Apollo 11 35th Anniversary from 2004.
7. A single personal item you would take with you for a long stay on the Moon?
Of course it will be my Speedmaster Apollo 11 35th Anniversary.
8. You just won the lottery. Do you first buy a sports car or call a financial advisor?
Sport cars for sure.
9. Where would you spend the next 24 hours if you had a teleporter?
Everywhere I want to go but have not gone yet.
10. How many times a day do you watch … your watch?
Ten times maybe. I watch my watch many times because I am an on-time person.
11. The last watch you bought?
OMEGA Speedmaster Professional Japan Racing, ref. 3570.40.00
12. What’s on your wrist today?
OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo-Soyuz 35th Anniversary.
Join the discussion One Comment
Handsome my bro!! ^^