Patrick Tacq has been working on the Real Estate Retail sector for 30 years. He is based in Switzerland and in Belgium but covers the whole European market, which means travelling a lot, mainly by plane.
One of his great passions is automobile, and especially classic cars. That is why he loves driving his classic Porsche 356 when he has time for it.
Patrick is a watch enthusiast. He has a special affect for OMEGA and the Moonwatch, for two main reasons: an incomparable history, and a group of collectors that are very special.
1. Do you remember your first watch?
I am unsure about my first watch, but the one I remember is the first one that I paid for myself! I had just finished a summer internship, received some money and wanted to spend it on a watch. My initial thought was to buy a ROLEX Submariner, but my girlfriend at the time managed to convince me to buy an EBEL (!!) On top of that it was quartz, it was ultra thin and it had a bracelet that managed to pull all your wrist hair!!! The things you do for love…
2. The 3 most iconic watch models?
I would say ROLEX Daytona 6239, OMEGA Speedmaster 105.012 and AUDEMARS PIGUET Royal Oak 5402.
3. A noteworthy anecdote with one of your watches?
I am just a serial buyer, that’s all!
4. Are you more modern or vintage?
I am more and more into vintage watches, although some of the new watches definitely still make my heart beat faster.
5. I love Speedmasters because …
The Speedmaster is the only watch I know that brings people together in such fashion, across all borders, races, genders and social levels, there’s not one watch that generates the same overwhelming love. Everyone who wears one is proud to wear one, not because of the status it gives you, but because you’re part of this utterly amazing history.
6. Your favorite Speedmaster?
That’s a tricky one, probably my 105.003 Ed White, the last of the straight lugs…
7. A single personal item you would take with you for a long stay on the Moon?
I’d probably take my phone so I can look up all the other watches I couldn’t bring along…
8. You just won the lottery. Do you first buy a sports car or call a financial advisor?
Sports car for sure! If totally unreasonable behaviour is allowed, a 250 GTO or SWB, if more reasonable a Lamborghini Miura and still more a 911 RS 2.7 or a 964 RS.
9. Where would you spend the next 24 hours if you had a teleporter?
Probably in the Dolomites.
10. How many times a day do you watch … your watch?
Every other minute…
11. The last watch you bought?
OMEGA Seamaster ST 145.016 Reverse Panda.
12. What’s on your wrist today?
That one, just picked it up!!!