Consultant & Watchmaker
Tommaso Barracco is a graduate in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Pisa. He also holds a Masters degree in Business Administration from HEC, and a Certificate. Early in his career Tommaso worked in the industry before joining the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) where he spent nearly 30 years, working for large groups in consumer goods and services. Tommaso is a member of several corporate Boards.
After an extensive career working in the industry, and later in business strategy consulting, he decided to indulge his passion for watches. In June 2011, after a two-year training program at the Lycée Diderot, Tommaso obtained a Certificate of Professional Competence (CAP) in watchmaking. During his training, Tommaso was inspired to conceive his own watch, a unique timepiece of the highest quality. In 2013, Tommaso realizes his aspirations by creating a collection of watches.
1. Do you remember your first watch?
Yes of course, it was a LANCO with a white dial. The second was a TISSOT chronograph.
2. The 3 most iconic watch models?
ROLEX Oyster, OMEGA Speedmaster caliber 321, and PATEK PHILIPPE Calatrava calibers 600 AT and 27-460.
3. A noteworthy anecdote with one of your watches?
At a certain point in my life I started to buy vintage watches in a compulsive manner. My watch maker told me one day: “Stop bringing old watches to repair, learn to do it by yourself ”. I followed his advice, got my diploma as a watchmaker and finally launched my own brand.
4. Are you more modern or vintage?
5. I love Speedmasters because …
Original design, robustness, classic caliber (only the 321, Lemania origin).
6. Your favorite Speedmaster?
Any Moonwatch equipped with a 321.
7. A single personal item you would take with you for a long stay on the Moon?
A bottle of San Pellegrino.
8. You just won the lottery. Do you first buy a sports car or call a financial advisor?
None of them.
9. Where would you spend the next 24 hours if you had a teleporter?
In the future! 2050 …
10. How many times a day do you watch … your watch?
All the time!
11. The last watch you bought?
It is not exactly a watch but it measures the time: an electronic timer for my darkroom.
12. What’s on your wrist today?
A BarraccO Giramondo, blue dial.